Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the main tents I'm considering

Tonight I'd like to talk about tents. Currently I own two, a 7 by 7 dome that me and my kids take packing, we share the weight and all sleep in the same tent. And a wenzel hike and bike solo tent that we've never used before. I'm afraid neither tent is really adequate for the pct hike I've got planned, so ive been researching new ultra lights. It's a really important decision. It's one of the heaviest pieces of equipment I'll be carrying, and if inadequate it could make parts of my trip very uncomfortable. While I'll be packing in August or September u never know what might happen. My kids would enjoy telling u all about the time I decided to leave the rain fly at home because we were expecting good weather for the whole trip and instead we were rained out. The tent for the pct trip also needs to be durable enough to make it through a solid month of nightly use. These four tents below are the main ones I'm considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment